Pete's Place

IronButt Association rides, reports, and product evaluations.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

NotSuperMan Rally -- I'm off!

Early Thursday AM (7/9/09) I head out to Cape Girardeau, Mo for the Not Superman Rally starting at 0600 Friday morning.

This is a 54 hour venue with two 27 hour legs. Each leg has a mandatory 3 hour rest stop, leaving 24 hours for travel time for each leg. I've planned some pretty aggressive routes for each leg in the hopes of being a top scorer. Time will tell whether or not I can maintain the 56mph average needed to meet my goals.

If you want to play along virtually you can follow my progress with my public SPoT tracker page. You can find tracking linked from this blog page in the upper right corner.

This will be my last big shakedown ride before the Iron Butt Rally starting August 23rd out of Spartanburg, SC. Between the trip out and back and the rally itself I will rack up about 4500 miles before Monday evening.

I have been trying to support my expensive hobby with some advertising, so feel free to click on some of the advertisments you find on this page. So far I have earned a whopping $4.08  ;-)

thanks for looking,
--  Mike Langford [aka Pete] Raleigh,
NC IBA#341 http://employees.org/~mlangfor/
The mysteries of life? "it's faster horses, younger women,
older whiskey, and more money" Tom T. Hall

1 comment:

magnum1b said...

Good luck Mike, keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up. Saying a special "mantra" for your "special BMW parts" ;)

Jack