Pete's Place

IronButt Association rides, reports, and product evaluations.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

BMW K1200LT Powered Hydration System

I rigged this hydration system up without power for the 2007 Iron Butt Rally and found out that having to suck water from down by my foot got very tiresome. I converted it to a powered system using a automotive windshield washer pump. Wow, what a difference! I found out that there were many other benefits besides getting a drink without sucking my brains out: (there may be more but this is to date):
  • can pump water into my jacket and helmet
  • can get water to wash my hands, face, etc.
  • can water my windshield for washing
  • can spray water at cagers that are following too closely

    More detailed pictures can be found on my web album.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: