Pete's Place

IronButt Association rides, reports, and product evaluations.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

More farkles on the Trophy

 



After my long trip last month I realized that I was missing my powered hydration system and my food cooler. Both of these items made long trips much more enjoyable. I remade the mounting hardware for both items. The first iterations weren't as professional as I would have liked.

The water jug mount is a single loop of 1/8" x 1/2" stainless steel strap welded to vertical mounting bracket. This bracket is bolted to an aluminum block custom made which replaces the pillion foot peg.



I found a small pump that fit nicely under the fuel cell at the rear.
While this pump worked okay the flow rate was much less than the Harbor Freight utility pump plus it wasn't self priming. If I forgot to shut off the bite valve I had to suck some water to get it primed.

But it was small, fit the space so I was okay with it. I removed it this last week to see if I could located it below the water jug and the plastic outlet broke off. It is irreparable, $25 down the pooper. I just bought the HF pump. It will take some tweaking to get it to fit but I know the performance is excellent and you can't break stainless steel without trying.

Here is what it looks like now:


The food cooler bracket was remade to be a bit more professional. It also bolts to the passenger foot peg.


Gotta have my coffee available:
Based on a request for this farkle I made up a prototype "gravel foot" for the sidestand. I don't know if I can make these at a competitive price. It does work well.






No comments: