Pete's Place

IronButt Association rides, reports, and product evaluations.

Friday, June 26, 2015

2015 IBR Rally Prep

Friday 6/23/15 0830.

I've worked for months to get the ergonomics of my bike fine tuned and get in lots of saddle time. Now, with slightly more than 72 hours to the start of the 2015 Iron Butt Rally, my planning has gone amok. Here is the current status of my bike.

Yes, those are parts lying all over the garage floor and no bike in the picture! I took it in last week for a major tune up so it would be ready. They found a bad switch which caused the starter motor to engage intermittently. Not starting when you want is pretty bad.

This is what I hate about Triumph, parts ALWAYS have to come from the UK. Parts are supposed to come in this AM and (supposedly) I'll have my bike back this afternoon. It will take me several hours to get it back together. Then I have a 12 hour trip to Albuquerque, NM. I'm okay as long as I get there in time to finish check in on Sunday.

Nothing like being well rested and unstressed for the start of the rally.

No comments: