Pete's Place

IronButt Association rides, reports, and product evaluations.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gas Saver Expansion Tank (GSET) Update

Not long ago I posted about this expansion tank and my idea to make it externally mounted. I've completed the prototype and mounted it on my Triumph Trophy.

This tank is exactly 1/4 gallon capacity. It is mounted to the rear of the tank with 3M dual lock. While I am confident that the dual lock will hold this in place there is a niggle in the back of my mind that a big bump or chuckhole will pop it loose. For added security one or two velcro straps will be included with the tank. The zip ties you see are my "interim" safety ties since the straps I've ordered haven't arrived.

Here are some more views:




I just took it down and filled the tank to the brim, brought it home, and parked it in the sun.
With it parked in the same spot I've previously had significant overflow so I am confident that my expansion tank will fill. Once that has been achieved I'll make sure it drains and siphons off the overflow.

More to come.


No comments: