Pete's Place

IronButt Association rides, reports, and product evaluations.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Triumph Trophy SE Rider Peg Lowering

My recent long trip was not without some aches and pains. One thing that has bothered me before was some pain in the knees and hips.

It was time to try to lower the foot pegs on the bike before the next big trip which is coming up soon. I'll report back as to the results after this trip, look for another post early May on this topic.

The hard part of this project was the engineering. I swear there were hundreds of trips between the bike and the machinery in my shop. Ten feet doesn't sound like much but it can add up. Especially since each trip entailed stooping and/or bending and/or laying on the floor.

After the first one was made I decided that I couldn't fabricate these for sale at a reasonable price. The second one went much faster and I might even consider offering these for sale. If there is enough interest I can run a small lot in production and might be able to keep the price competitive.

These lower the pegs about 3/4" and move them out slightly. This provided a noticeable change in the position of my knee with respect to the fairing. My brief local ride tests showed no problem this positional change impacting the operation of the foot brake or the shifter.


5 comments:

Leyo said...

I have been impressed with your message. Great view! your content was very pleasant and interesting to readers. Thank you very much for posting this.Keep up with good work.
Sports Awards

Unknown said...

Any update on this? What year is the bike?

Unknown said...

Pete I would be very interested in two sets of peg lowers. What would you charge?

John Dunn said...

I too wouldn't mind a set of these. my direct email is jdunn@epbfi.com

Unknown said...

I'd also be interested in a set of these if you decided to make a few.