Pete's Place

IronButt Association rides, reports, and product evaluations.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Triumph Trophy SE Dash Shelf Update

The dash shelf got painted and put back together. I had considered anodize but somebody pointed out that it would be a semi-gloss finish and would show reflections in the windscreen. Excellent point, the raw aluminum was a real irritant. I went with the wrinkle black that I have become fond of putting on the fuel tanks. I think it looks really nice.

Please disregard the wiring. That is the next item on the agenda.



In a 2 hour road test I couldn't see any reflection off of the shelf. Also, I couldn't see any vibration in the shelf. The GPS mounted on it was no more or less blurred by the road vibration than the one mounted on the triple tree,

More pictures showing the completed shelf and how the design and build progressed can be seen on my web album.

2 comments:

Jason - said...

The shelf looks great

Unknown said...

The shelf looks awesome! Can you state what materials you used to fabricate the brackets and shelf itself? Thanks!